I’m spending the next two weeks in the Rhine-Main area in the middle of Germany. 2010 was the most amazing but also exhausting year and I need some time to recharge. Here’s what’s in my bag to fill my head with fresh ideas and new inspirations while I’m letting go of stress and strain:
- The current issue of Monocle with a lot of ideas and forecasts for 2011.
- Monocle Alpino with some lighter reading and beautiful editorial design.
- FROH! is a German magazine, published by some friends in Cologne. Their christmas issue is always the best of the year. Great to sit back and let the mind wander.
- The current issue of GOOD is all about work and our generation’s approach to it. A favorite topic of mine.
- Antenna and Debug are great curations of the latest trends in fashion, style, music and retail.
- The iPad provides endless amounts of more reading material with Instapaper filled with the most interessting articles from the last weeks and the Kindle app with ebooks (currently Nick Bilton’s I live in the future & here is how it works and Douglas Coupland’s Generation A).
So much for ‘Print is dead’.
And no, you should never consume any media without a good cup of tea.
But yes, spending time with your loved ones beats any media publication in the world easily.
Enjoy your final days of 2010. Happy Holidays!